Our one year foundational course is designed for those who wish to take a break from their regular studies and spend a year learning the sciences of the Deen and the Quran. It is also the first requisite year of every student that intends to complete the 4 year hifdh (memorisation) program.
This course will explore, in depth, all the questions pertaining to the five pillars of the Islam, Shahada, Salah, Zakat, Fasting and Hajj. It will give the students the understanding of what is considered obligatory, recommended, permissible, disliked and impermissible regarding the five pillars. It will give the student the ability to resolve any doubts that they might encounter in these fields and to assist others.
The student will also learn how to read and write fluently in Arabic and will memorise between four and eight Hizb (two to four Juz) or potentially more depending on individual capacities and previous knowledge.
The student will learn the basic and most important Arabic terminology of the Quran, so that they know how to understand concepts such as Taqwah and Fitrah which do not have a direct translation. Students will also learn enough arabic grammar and vocabulary so as to maintain a simple conversation and to facilitate further studies later on.
The life of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, will be studied in depth and also the lives of his main companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) so that the student will have a frame of reference about the importance of this time and personalities at the beginning of Islam.
The curriculum will be augmented by other mandatory subjects such as vegetable gardening, team sports and other seminars that might occur during the course.
- The 1 year foundational course is open for all males, with a minimum age of 16. This course is a boarding course with a duration of one lecturing year (9 months)
- Registration is now closed. Sign up below to be notified when registration opens
Please bare in mind that you will need the following documents:
- You must fill and sent the application form before registrations closes (registration is now closed, sing up below to be notified when it opens again)
- We will need a copy of your passport
- We will also need a letter of consent from your parents (if you are under 18)